Will you be at the WVC 2020 in Las Vegas this year? Come and join us for a 2-part series CE course titled “Laser Surgery for Everyday Practice” held on Sunday, February 16, from 4:00 to 5:50 pm in Oceanside B, Level 2. This series with be instructed by John C. Godbold, Jr., DVM; William E. Schultz, DVM; and Peter Vitruk, PhD.
Part I – John Godbold, Jr., DVM and Peter Vitruk, PhD – 4:00 to 4:50 pm
The introductory part of this lecture will cover laser physics and safety of surgical CO2 lasers. Then, the main part of the lecture will cover the principles of clinical uses of advanced CO2 lasers, accessories, and techniques in everyday general surgery. Learn more at aesculight.us/wvc1
- Utilize the best techniques for fast incision & excision at scalpel speed
- Utilize the best techniques for fast large area ablations
- Understand how the CO2 laser can be used for everyday procedures from spay/neuter to eyelid procedures, tumor excisions, and more.
Part II – William Schultz, DVM and Peter Vitruk, PhD – 5:00 to 5:50 pm
Continuation. The introductory part of the lecture will cover laser physics applicable to oral surgeries. Then, the main part of the lecture will review dental and oral surgery applications such as gingivectomy, soft palate resection, stenotic nares, oral cancer surgery, and other procedures utilizing a surgical laser. Learn more at aesculight.us/wvc2
- Learn the principles of surgical laser application in a highly vascularized moist oral environment
- Gain a basic understanding of how the use of surgical CO2 lasers provides an effective method to reduce or prevent excessive bleeding, thus decreasing surgical time, and thereby reducing post-surgical complications
- Understand how to use a CO2 laser in the mouth based on their hand speed, laser power setting, and selected beam diameter
- Understand the ability to utilize different handpieces to direct the laser beam to different tissue types
Aesculight will be exhibiting at booth # 1918. Stop by and learn how an Aesculight surgical laser can revolutionize your soft tissue surgeries.